Why not pick up a YMCA Tartan bonnet, bowtie, shawl, sash, cap, tie or kilt for the occasion from House of Tartan?!
Signing up is simple – entries cost £12.80 for 16+, and £6.50 for age 5-15 – and simply follow the instructions below. Then, get your friends and family to sponsor you for taking part, and all funds that you raise will be topped up by another 50% by The Hunter Foundation.
How to sign up
1. Sign up at the Kiltwalk registration website
2. During the sign-up process your JustGiving Page* will automatically be created, and then start fundraising!
3. Complete your challenge on the weekend of 23-25 April
4. Continue fundraising – and ensure it’s sent in by 3 May.
You can take on any Kiltwalk inspired challenge you wish – go for a walk (of any length), a cycle, jump on a trampoline or even a family scavenger hunt! You decide on your challenge… anything goes!
- Walk, run or cycle 3, 6 or 9 miles in tartan!
- Dance the highland fling for a set-time.
- Take part in a family scavenger hunt.
- Rollerblade/skate in tartan.
- Kilted trampoline-a-thon for an hour.
- Skip a mile in a kilt.
- Walk or climb a Monroe in your tartan outfit.
- Take part in a mindful exercise like yoga or meditation.
- Dance, dance and dance!
Whatever challenge you choose, please remember to stay safe and follow Government Guidelines on Social Distancing. Take part locally, by yourself or with your family/within your support bubble and please do not put yourself or others at risk.
After you’ve signed up, make sure you take full advantage of the resources available to you!
- Download the Fundraiser Guide from the Kiltwalk Challenge (as part of your registration).
- Invite your friends and family to sign up too and take part with you (virtually if needs be!).
- Get in touch with your colleagues, friends and family by email, WhatsApp, pick up the phone or even carrier pigeon! Tell everyone and ask them to sponsor you.
- Shout loudly and proudly on all your social media accounts – make sure to post a few times before the activity (especially if it requires any training!) and make sure your JustGiving link is easily accessible and prominently displayed. On the day of your challenge(s) make sure to keep your socials updated.
- Update your email signature at work (check with your employer if need be), email your colleagues or get featured in your organisation’s email bulletin.
- Doing something particularly unique or have a story to tell behind your Kiltwalk challenge? Check-in with your local radio or print media channels to see if they’ll run a story.
- Be sure to let us know your plans so we can promote what you’re doing on YMCA Scotland’s social media.
*You must ensure you complete the registration process through the official Kiltwalk website so that your JustGiving Page is set up automatically. Anyone who creates a JustGiving Page without signing up to the registration process will not be eligible for the 50% boost to your fundraising thanks to The Hunter Foundation. All online and offline funds sent to the Kiltwalk by midnight on 3rd May will qualify for the top-up.
Any offline funds must be tracked on the Kiltwalk Sponsor Form, with money sent into The Kiltwalk. Your fundraising will then be topped up by 50% and sent on to YMCA Scotland.