Tollcross YMCA – Cook in Charge
Tuesday & Thursday – 3pm – 8pm
Tollcross YMCA has a fantastic opportunity for a Cook to join our team based at Tollcross YMCA, Tollcross Road.
Outline of Main Duties
- Plan and prepare, cooking and serving of meals at our Youth Sessions, whilst meeting the highest standards of hygiene and cater to a variety of dietary requirements.
- Assess and select the most appropriate menus providing tasty and nutritious meals within nutritional and dietary guidelines.
- Take a highly visible role in the preparation, cooking and serving of the meals.
- Ensure expenditure is kept within authorised budget limits by completing weekly financial returns, stock sheets, periodic stock taking.
- Ensure Health and Safety and food hygiene procedures are adhered to and that defects to equipment and premises are reported appropriately to maintain a safe working environment.
- Carry out regular checks of kitchen equipment e.g., mixers, fryer, utensils, work surfaces in accordance with specified procedures to ensure all equipment is hygienic and safe working order and complies with relevant regulations. Notify Line Manager if equipment is not working or is faulty.
- Liaise with outside agencies i.e., Environmental Health Officers and suppliers to ensure high standards of food hygiene and quality of supplies are maintained.
- Ensure the security of the kitchen and storerooms is always maintained to provide a safe working environment.
- Comply with Health and Safety, Fire Regulations, and other policies
- This post is regulated work with Children and/or Protected Adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007.
- The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check.
- Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required.
- Tollcross YMCA will provide this check.
- A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
- Valid Food Hygiene Certificate.
- This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Role Hours & Rate of Pay
- Working pattern: 3pm to 8pm, Tuesday & Thursday.
- This is a part time role equating to 10 hours per week.
- Tollcross YMCA is a National Living Wage employer.
- Tollcross YMCA provide pension provision in line with legal requirements.